Thread: Shawn Loseke, 78 FHC

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Shawn Loseke, 78 FHC 
    Little Brit
    Hello fellow wedge heads, I recognize some of you already from the mailing list. According to the US Dept. of Transportation, my TR8 is a 1980 but according to some of the literature/sites that I have seen it could be considered a 1978. I just can't register it as such. Anyway, the VIN is TCN150015UF and the build date is 12/78 So it is an early production TR8.

I guess it was loaded with options, what few there were, with A/C, luggage rack and sliding sun roof. This car has been in Colorado since new and I am the third owner. I also have a resto-mod TR6 so I am no stranger to Triumphs. I've owned this car for just over three years and have put about 25,000 miles on it. I use it as (near) daily transport and have just passed the 152,000 miles on the odometer. Still with the original ZS 175's. I did replace worn out shocks/bushings/struts etc... with KYB's, Ted's springs and sway bars and poly bushes.

It's great to have this forum and inforfmation on it.

Here are some pics of my TR8FHC...

This sort of altitude is quite easy for me to encounter. I've also driven this car up to the Mount Evans parking lot, 14,134 feet, which is higher than the summit of Pikes Peak.

Very Nice
    Woody
    The Wedge Shop
    Fast.British.Reliable.
    www.thewedgeshop.com

Young Brit
    Nice car.

I grew up in Laramie about an hour north or you, but live in Arizona now.

Rob

Ole Boy
    Shawn- Are you sure there is an engine in there and not just accessories? :P
    Don

"Stick a Wedge In It"

Little Brit
    Quote Originally Posted by rjs
    Nice car.

I grew up in Laramie about an hour north or you, but live in Arizona now.

Rob
    If you grew up in Laramie then you know where Chugwater is. I actually grew up on a ranch just south of Chugwater. Moved to Colorado just before high school.

Little Brit
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Kelly
    Shawn- Are you sure there is an engine in there and not just accessories? :P
    Nice Don, yes, there is an engine hiding in there, lowly little stocker, if you look real close you can see valve covers under the stock carby air boxes. :lol: