Thread: Dave's Triumph...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Dave's Triumph... 
    Little Brit
    After a 16 year absence I have returned to the fold with a platinum TR-8. I promise to raise less hell this time. I think Clint was like 8 or something when I last had a Triumph!

Anyways- this is a great 8. The former owner did a lot of mods. I have the small block Rover 4 and a welded rear 3.90 axle...now why would that be???

The 8 features working BOSCH fog lights, also the covers, which I drilled and zipped to the frame so they do not get lost.

The front portion of the body kit remains on the 8- I have grown fond of this look with the colored bumpers.

Interior is in decent shape and has the nice logo mats. The glove box cables were broken but I fixed it with some stainless steel rope wire.

My friend made me a sweet kill switch in the trunk and there is no rust on the body.

The roll bar added on is not too bad...cuts my seat length a little but I can manage. I have since wrapped the top of the bar with black canvas and velcro.

I have put 300 miles of pleasure driving in it in the past month and it is awesome on corners and super fast from 30-80mph.

It is good to be Back

Dave

Young Brit
    Looking good Dave. When I get mine running again, I want to compare notes and check out that kill switch. I will be taking it to the Cape next weekend for the British Legends cruise on Sat and show on Sunday. Are you going?

Little Brit
    Soccer tournament in Nashua with the family. Hope to go to an event or two next spring..

Little Brit
    Here is a close up of the custom kill switch;

This the new glove box cable...figured that even one of these is strong enough to support a cup of coffee

Here are some shots of the canvas cover that I made for the roll bar foam. I cut out fabric from and old duffel bag and tied it together with velcro. My intention is to have a British flag patch sewn into the center, facing to the rear. I could add some of collector patches on each side in time.

Ole Boy
    This pic

Was there a spoiler at one time?
    Don

"Stick a Wedge In It"

Little Brit
    I am guessing it was the luggage rack...

Ole Boy
    Prolly,...mine were different
    Don

"Stick a Wedge In It"

Little Brit
    Here are some shots of the engine. Everything seems to be working great so far...

Young Brit
    Looks great. Are you going to Falmouth tomorrow or Sunday? Hope to see you there.

10. #10 Engine rebuild- 
    Little Brit
    Took advantage of this nasty winter to pull the engine and have it rebuilt. Had a bunch of issues to address and now it has been re-honed and gone through to replace all worn pieces and gaskets. new smoother cam installed. The car came with the performance T&D roller rockers, which also needed adjusting.

Nothing more exciting than a close up view of the rover engine...