Thread: Carlisle Import Swap Meet, PA.

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Carlisle Import Swap Meet, PA. 
    Young Brit
    I had a tought today. I have alot of TR7 TR8 stuff i need to sell. Hoods, trunks lids, dashboards, doors, springs, subframes, engine blocks, used door cards, bumpers, etc etc (mostly TR7 stuff tho, cept for the TR8 style hoods).

Anyone think it would be worth my time to load all I can into my van and cart it 2 hours to Carlisle PA to see if I can unload most of it at the Import Swap meet? Ebay is out for me, most is too large for me to bother to ship. Ive been advertising on Philly craigslist to no avail. I could use the $$ and Im sure there are peep's out there that can use what I have, but am wondering if there are enough wedge fanatics that attend the swap meet to make it worth my while.

Any input? Thanx, John.

(gues I shoulda added...I am familiar with muscle car swap meets. Sold lots of stuff years back when I was big into muscle cars. Always was able to unload parts I had accumilated. I have never been to a Import or British swap meet so I dont know what the demand for Wedge stuff will be like)
    Lemmie also add that...Im not looking to make millions. Just a few bucks and unload as much as I can of what I have accumilated

Spitfire
    IM NEW TO THIS FORUM BUT I JUST READ YOUR JANUARY MISSIVE RE SELLING TR7 STUFF AT CARLISLE.
    THERE ARE SEVERAL OF US WEDGE OWNERS THAT VISIT THIS EVENT AND I SUGGEST YOU RENT A SPACE AND GIVE IT A TRY.
    I HAVE BOTH A TR7 AND A TR6. I SET UP WITH OUR CLUB LAST YEAR AND SOLD MOST OF MY TR 6 STUFF WITH NO TROUBLE.
    THERE NEVER SEEMS TOO BE THAT MUCH TR 7 STUFF SO MY GUESS YOU WILL DO WELL.. ITS WORTH AT TRY.
    MY ONLY ADVICE IS PRICE IT TO SELL NOT TO GET RICH OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE TAKING MOST OF IT BACK HOME WHICH IS NOT WHAT YOUR PLAN WAS.
    P J WRIGHT

Johnny,

Ya I say go for it. Biggest thing I see as a benefit is not having to try to ship all that stuff.

Some of us will be there over the entire weekend.

See you there.

Thanks
    Clint
    The Wedge Shop
    The Wedge Shop
    Fast.British.Reliable.
    www.thewedgeshop.com

Young Brit
    Deff gonna decide in the next day or two if I will in fact go. Heck, its only a short drive away.

But...how does it work there? Ive only sold parts at Charolotte swap meets, and they opted that I leave my vehicle parked on-grounds (my truck, containing all the parts for sale) and sleep in a tent or the vehicle.

Whats carlisle like? Do they make ya pack up your stuff everynite and vacate the grounds till morning? Ive been to many many muscle car swaps at carlise, but never been a seller.

Got to there web-site site and check it out. No you do not have to pack every nite I believe you get your site for three days. I will be there Fri-Sunday
    http://www.carsatcarlisle.com

Thanks
    Woody
    The Wedge Shop
    The Wedge Shop
    Fast.British.Reliable.
    www.thewedgeshop.com

Young Brit
    Dang after all that......problems at work prevent me from heading out to Carlisle. :? Well, guess Ill hafta wait for the next swap meet to start selling off my parts collection.

Thanks guys, appreciate the info!