Thread: rover 3.5L - 400hp?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 rover 3.5L - 400hp? 
    Spitfire
    hi guys,

I have come across this website after trawling the internet and have so far found some good info relating to the rover 3.5L.

I have custom fitted a rover 3.5L into a holden gemini down here in aus, and i have chosen the rover motor for a number of reasons (main one being a v8 that weighs a touch more than the standard 4cyl!)

heres some pics:

I am looking into top mounted superchargers to get to my desired power output, so i have a number of questions relating to futhering my engine conversion...

1) Can i buy a intake manifold to suit a top mount supercharger (eaton, weiand etc?)

2) Is 400hp too much to expect from a 3.5L rover with internals to suit supercharging?

3) Has anyone seen or know of a top mount supercharged rover motor and have any info regarding it?

I would prefer carby over EFI.

Cheers

Jarrad

There was a guy in the US selling a blown Buick 215 from an MGB and he is part of the British V8 forum. There are guys that do a blower on top and also supercharger....almost the samething. You can through forced induction get 400 ho but a ton of work needs tobe done to the heads and oiling.

Blower intake manifold:
    http://blowerdriveservice.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1028&cPath=64

Spitfire
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sand8s
    Blower intake manifold:
    http://blowerdriveservice.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1028&cPath=64
    thats great thanks