Thread: TRF Summer Party 2010 July 29, 30 & 31st Armargh, PA

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 TRF Summer Party 2010 July 29, 30 & 31st Armargh, PA 
    The annual get together at The Roadster Factory will be upon us once again in the summer of 2010.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...5808640&ref=mf Facebook Event

We are pushing for 100 Wedges this year.

More info will be posted on www.triumphwedgeowners.com

Per usual we will have a healthy caravan leaving from The Wedge Shop in Taunton, MA.

A write up from Charles (See Below)

The TRF Summer Party will be held this year on Friday and Saturday, July 30th and 31st. Like last year, a full slate of events will be offered, including Auto Cross, Drag Racing, Poker Rallye, Country Tours, Participants’ Choice Concours, and a nice dinner under a tent on the grounds of The Roadster Factory near Armagh, Pennsylvania. Last year’s Summer Party was awe-inspiring in the sense of the wonderful response received from participants. Individuals, couples, and families are welcome, and everyone seems to get along well together, not surprising since many folks have attended multiple times, and some have attended every year since 1986.

The cost of Summer Party is meant to be reasonable, and the earlier you register, the lower the price will be. Early registration also provides TRF with good numbers for planning purposes. The fee for adults registering up till May 31st is $89.95, up a very small amount from last year to allow us to spend more on the event. After May 31st and up till July 14th, the cost of registration will be $109.95, and after July 14th, it will go to $129.95. Youth registrations for ages 10 to 15 are just $24.95 each, and children under ten are free. Camping for a family site is $20.00 and for a motor home with electrical hook-up, the charge is $30.00. Rough facilities are provided, including several showers, porta-johns, and hand washing.

Registration for the Concours Event only to be held on Saturday evening in Downtown Indiana, Pennsylvania is $15.00. Pre-ordered T-shirts are available for just $10.10 each, and they will go to $14.95 at the event. A free dash plaque will be provided for each adult registration. A registration form and a list of area hotels can be found on TRF’s web site, www.the-roadster-factory.com . Summer Party has evolved over the past twenty-five years from a one-night party with roast pig, home-grown sweet corn, and lots of beer held in 1986 as a part of the VTR National Convention. When everyone was younger, we drank a lot of beer and acted a little bit wild which was only fitting and proper. Now that we are older, we are much more sedate, but we still have a tiny wild streak. None of us is offensive anymore, and I know that families with children are comfortable here. There is lots of space at The Roadster Factory since we have a two hundred acre farm. Participants are welcome to bring dogs as long as they keep them under control. Spaces for campsites are unlimited, but they are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

You can come as early as Wednesday afternoon if you like, and you may stall till
    Tuesday morning if you wish. Our attitude is laid back, as long as everyone behaves courteously. The goal is to have a great time and to leave the farm as pristine as it is before the event. Summer Party has been going on for many years with only one or two years taken off. Very nearly everyone has a great time, and they make friends and memories to last a lifetime. If these things happen again in 2010, Summer Party will
    be deemed a great success. All British car enthusiasts are invited to attend, and it will be even better if you are one of us. You are sure to have a good time...

Charles A. Runyan
    The Roadster Factory
    March 2, 2010

See you there!!!

Thanks,
    Clint
    The Wedge Shop
    The Wedge Shop
    Fast.British.Reliable.
    www.thewedgeshop.com

Young Brit
    I don't trust the 7 to make it that far!

Young Brit
    What is the farthest distance a TR8 has driven to the party?

Clay (Houston, TX)

Last year I think it was someone from British Columbia Canada.

Thanks
    Woody
    The Wedge Shop
    The Wedge Shop
    Fast.British.Reliable.
    www.thewedgeshop.com

Young Brit
    This will be like the tenth time Ive said this but.....I am planning on coming this year! (I know, I said the same thing last year!) Not once have I made it, but my intentions are good! LOL

Shaping up to be a big event this year. Looking at 100+ wedges.

The Twin Pines is already booked up with the die hard Wedgies, but you can always give a shout to see if someone canceled.

Twin Pines Motel
    420 East Pike Road, Indiana, PA 15701-2231
    (724) 465-6161‎

The other hot spot is the Holiday Inn on the other side of town.

Holiday Inn Indiana
    1395 Wayne Avenue & Rt 422, Indiana, PA 15701
    (877) 863-4780‎

Sure to be some interesting cars as well. The Wedge Shop is planning on a special Turbo vehicle this year :twisted:

Thanks
    Clint
    The Wedge Shop
    The Wedge Shop
    Fast.British.Reliable.
    www.thewedgeshop.com

Brit
    I just did a write up for our club newsletter. Western PA Triumph Assn.
    Quite a few wedges in our club. Hoping for more to attend this year.

I am going to start a list of known (by me off the top of my head) TR8 attendees and car.

Feel free to copy and past the list to add more people.

1.Clint Cooper TR8
    2.Woody Cooper TR8
    3.Tim Lanocha TR7 Group 44
    4.Richard James TR8
    5.Zach Torman TR8
    6.Rand Torman TR8
    The Wedge Shop
    Fast.British.Reliable.
    www.thewedgeshop.com

Young Brit
    Well, I decided to start working on the engine last night, but found that several major components were missing. I can't tell you how much this dishearten me.

I am now at a crossroads. With my continuing health issues, family commitments and and doing all the work on my TR8 by myself, it has become obvious that I will not be able to drive the TR8 to the Summer Party. This is a real blow to me as I had set certain goals for this year.

I hate to fail! As the South Central Coordinator, I am obligated to attend the Vintage Triumph Register Nation Convention this year in October. I will have the car ready to drive to Georgia or it will be the end of me!

Brit
    You can add me too.

Jim Underwood TR8

I'm about 1 1/2hrs from TRF. I haven't decided if I will stay overnight yet but I will be there.