Thread: My new to me, TR8

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 My new to me, TR8 
    Spitfire
    I wanted to introduce my self. My name is Ron Avery, I live in Oxnard Ca. I am 60 years young. I have owned many sports cars over the years. I have a 1965 Jaguar E-Type Coupe that I restored in 2005. A 2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT Coupe.
    And my latest purchase, a 1980 TR 8 convertible. Midas gold with tan tartan interior. It has always been a California car.
    I am the 4th owner. It is in good shape, I just installled a new exhaust, 15" wheels,new steering wheel, and interior kit.The car was repainted by the previous owner, and the carpet was replace at the same time. It also has performance springs and KYB shocks. I am doing a lot of detail work as well. I will have photos soon. I just wanted to say hi, and tell all of you what a great car the TR8 is.
    Ron

2. #2 My TR 8 
    Spitfire
    Ok, I have some photos of my TR 8. All of my cosmetics are done, later in the week it goes into my mechanic for the rest of the work.
    Attached Images        

Spitfire
    Hi Ron,

Your car looks awesome, appears to be in great shape! The Wedge Shop is a great resource for you, but assume you've already figured that out.... any other upgrades planned?

-Zack

Spitfire
    Name:  gauges.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  47.6 KBName:  Wheel.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  76.7 KBName:  Shift Knob.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  36.4 KBName:  Vents.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  57.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty8 View Post
    Hi Ron,

Your car looks awesome, appears to be in great shape! The Wedge Shop is a great resource for you, but assume you've already figured that out.... any other upgrades planned?

-Zack
    Zack,
    Yes a bunch. I have just been waiting for my mechanic to have some time ( one man shop). I have a list of about 18 iteams to fix or modify.
    The biggest is the front brake upgrade from the wedge shop. Then a updated clock and LED lights for the dash. I also have a 3/4" front anti sway bar, and all new front end bushings as well. And then there are all the oil leaks, front fog lights that don't work. I already added the sport exhaust from the Wedge shop as well. It sounds a lot better. I will keep everyone posted of the progress. With some luck I would like the car back before the end of the year. A few photos for as well.
    Ron
    Last edited by Ron Avery; 12-08-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Wow pictures look great! The color and wheel combo is perfect. Car is really turning out amazing Ron. Can't wait to check it out in person some day.

- Clint
    The Wedge Shop
    Fast.British.Reliable.
    www.thewedgeshop.com