Thread: New member TR7/LS6/Powerglide/8.8

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Young Brit
    Looks like aftermarket disc brake conversion on the axle. Really liking this build.

Little Brit
    Quote Originally Posted by TR8 View Post
    Looks like aftermarket disc brake conversion on the axle. Really liking this build.
    Yes, kinda... The Mustang 8.8 axle Im using came out of a 2000 Mustang. All (non cobra) Mustangs from I think 1982- 2004 all us the same 8.8 axle. The axle shafts are different in certin years for ABS and what not. I had some 4 lug Mustang axles left over from when I put a 8.8 in my Buick Regal. I swaped in some 5 lug conversion axles. To keep the axle the shorest width for the TR7 I just swapped these 4 lug axle shafts back into the 2000 Mustang 8.8. If you kit the disc brake conversion kit from ScaredBird (see below) you just use their conversion plates and you need to have the axle shaft hub machined down just a little. Then you can use regular off the shelf disc brakes from a 1988-90 Ford Thunderbird Turbo or 1993 Mustang Corba.
    Its a very affordable way of getting rear disc brakes on a Mustang 8.8. Most of my projects are budjet built, kinda the fun part of it for me is to build the best I can with the least amount I can. I built the car below for about $20k. For the TR7 I have budjet only $5k for the whole build.
    https://scarebird.com/index.php?rout...product_id=137
    Name:  10-20-1.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  93.2 KB
    Last edited by tonypaul; 09-10-2016 at 09:24 PM.

Young Brit
    $5K ....where do I sign. Wow some serious fabrication skills. Is that some kind of Lotus or a kit car?

Little Brit
    Quote Originally Posted by TR8 View Post
    $5K ....where do I sign. Wow some serious fabrication skills. Is that some kind of Lotus or a kit car?
    Its a Lamborghini Diabo Roadster kit car. Im fortunate enough to be able to everything in my little home shop, the only thing I have some one else do is the alignment, tire mounting/balancing/ect. All wiring, paint/body work, engine work/ect, I can do decent enough.

Little Brit
    Finished the driver side exhaust manifold today. Used my little 110 Lincoln mig welder cause I dont have 220 power on that side of the house for my bigger welder, so the welds dont look that great. But the welds are good enough... The passenger side exhaust manifold is just a factory corvette LS3 manifold it fits perfect. The Mustang 8.8 rear is completly done, I was able to use the factory TR7 rear sway bar. Next week going to do the brake lines and do the fuel lines. The week after that is to do the engine harness and it will be ready to start/drive.

Name:  91516tr7 001.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  97.0 KBName:  91516tr7 002.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  97.6 KBName:  91516tr7 005.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  86.8 KBName:  91516tr7 007.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  89.6 KB

Little Brit
    Sorry for not keeping this post updated, the car is super close to being done. Im waiting on some parts that are holding up the final push to finish this car. I decided to rewire the whole car so I took out all of the
    factory harness and replaced it with a more modern style fuse box. My only problem is I cant find a wiring diagram for the turn signal/high/low beam at the stalk. Anyone have a diagram (wire color or pin) for the plug at the stalk?
    Thanks!