Thread: TR7 Coupe LSX V8 build.

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Young Brit
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wedge Shop View Post
    Were do you get all this time!!!!!!!!! I guess Canadian winters will allow for that.

Looking good. Can't wait to see it done.

What are you doing for the interior and a roll bar?
    I will sleep when I'm dead. :-). Interior is good, doesn't need anything, besides I'd like to fine the green plaid seat upoulstery.

Roll bar I don't know yet, I would love a cage to strengthen the car, not sure if I'll attempt it?? Can't afford to pay someone! We will see.

Winter here is pretty mild. Been 10deg Celsius lately. But it's also in a insulated garage.

Spitfire
    I am very interested in this thread. You're doing a great job. I have been contemplating the same thing for the past few years. If all goes well in 3 weeks I will be the winning bidder at a salvage auction of a totaled 2000 Firebird F. It has an LS1 and t56. I will be happy to have the whole car so I don't have to figure out what I need.

I was wondering exactly where the gear lever on the T56 landed in your TR7? Any need for modifications? I'd love to see a picture of that.

Keep up the good work!

Young Brit
    Quote Originally Posted by trekcarbonboy View Post
    I am very interested in this thread. You're doing a great job. I have been contemplating the same thing for the past few years. If all goes well in 3 weeks I will be the winning bidder at a salvage auction of a totaled 2000 Firebird F. It has an LS1 and t56. I will be happy to have the whole car so I don't have to figure out what I need.

I was wondering exactly where the gear lever on the T56 landed in your TR7? Any need for modifications? I'd love to see a picture of that.

Keep up the good work!
    Hey, thanks. I wish I could have bought a complete car with a LS1!!

Here is a pic lands fine, but the rear of the trans is about a mm from the body brace in the trans tunnel. It will sit in stock location.
    Attached Images  

Spitfire
    Wow that's perfect! Thanks

Young Brit
    Starting electrical layout.
    Attached Images     

Spitfire
    Well I just missed out on that Firebird I was hoping to get. Set my auction limit to $3000 and it went for $3050. :-( Got to know your limits though. Didn't want to be sleeping on the couch.
    Real shame too. It had long tube headers and a Hurst short shifter. Who knows what was done to the inside of the engine. I'll still be watching your build with great interest. Just a matter of time till I get one.

Young Brit
    Well I just missed out on that Firebird I was hoping to get. Set my auction limit to $3000 and it went for $3050. :-( Got to know your limits though. Didn't want to be sleeping on the couch.
    Real shame too. It had long tube headers and a Hurst short shifter. Who knows what was done to the inside of the engine. I'll still be watching your build with great interest. Just a matter of time till I get one.
    Crap! That sucks. Here is the latest pic for you.
    Attached Images  

Spitfire
    That fits great. Looks even smaller than a Rover V8. Hard to tell from the pic, will the throttle body clear the hood? Looks like lots of room from here.

Young Brit
    That fits great. Looks even smaller than a Rover V8. Hard to tell from the pic, will the throttle body clear the hood? Looks like lots of room from here.
    It looks like it will clear the hood fine. But I won't know for sure until I put it on.

Young Brit
    Not allot of visual stuff to show. But still making progress. Took out the diff in prep for getting the Ford diff fitted. Took out the gas tank to get it ready for fuel system mods.
    Attached Images