Thread: TR7 Coupe LSX V8 build.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 TR7 Coupe LSX V8 build. 
    Young Brit
    Will post up more info later. . It's a GM 5.3 approx 400+hp. T56 6 sp.
    Attached Images      

Young Brit
    How does the weight of the engine and transmission compare?

Young Brit
    Everything will be heavier. Including the 8.8" differential, how much I don't know? But with 400+hp. :-)

Young Brit
    So, will you need to tub it to get big enough tires on the rear?

Young Brit
    Quote Originally Posted by TR8 View Post
    So, will you need to tub it to get big enough tires on the rear?
    Haven't got that far. I will see how wide I can fit.

This is an awesome project, can't wait to see the finished project.

We have been able to run 16x8 withe for Ford Rear Ends. We had 16x10's, but we could not get low enough profile tires that would allow it not to hit the inner wheels wells given the ride height of the car.

Thanks
    Clint
    The Wedge Shop
    Fast.British.Reliable.
    www.thewedgeshop.com

Young Brit
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wedge Shop View Post
    This is an awesome project, can't wait to see the finished project.

We have been able to run 16x8 withe for Ford Rear Ends. We had 16x10's, but we could not get low enough profile tires that would allow it not to hit the inner wheels wells given the ride height of the car.

Thanks
    Clint
    Thank you Clint, I've heard 16x8 will fit.

Can you give details on how much you shorten the diff? Do you just shorten the long side to be even with the short side? This will be run with Megasquirt 3 Pro, and will have much needed traction control. I think 6th gear is .50 :-). May be able to get away with 3:73 gears! If not will run 3:55.
    Last edited by parrisw; 01-08-2016 at 03:49 PM.

I am interested in the mega squirt setup. I have been contemplating megasquirt in conjunction with the stock Rover FI parts on my turbo car. Would be much easier to just run one of the new carb style EFI setups (Holley Terminator EFI), but I want all the controls that Megasquirt gives you.

I am unsure of the amount that is taken off the rearend tubes, not much I believe.
    The Wedge Shop
    Fast.British.Reliable.
    www.thewedgeshop.com

Young Brit
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wedge Shop View Post
    I am interested in the mega squirt setup. I have been contemplating megasquirt in conjunction with the stock Rover FI parts on my turbo car. Would be much easier to just run one of the new carb style EFI setups (Holley Terminator EFI), but I want all the controls that Megasquirt gives you.

I am unsure of the amount that is taken off the rearend tubes, not much I believe.
    Hi. Megasquirt is awesome. I have my TR8 running on Megasquirt, with Rover 3.9efi intake. I'm running an Erson TQ20 @110 on it. I've also converted to full sequential fuel and ignition, using GM Indivdual truck coils like an LS. I had to make a cam sensor however. But nice having no distributor and full control over everything. Wish we were closer!!

For you're turbo car it would be sweet! You could definitely get more power out of it, you'd need more injector then the stock ones with a turbo setup, I'm running stock 3.9 injectors and they work fine. There is a learning curve with it, mainly on the tuning. But plan well for the setup and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by parrisw; 01-09-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Can you post up a picture of what you fashioned up for the cam sensor? Did you run the standard rover TPS on the throttle body?
    The Wedge Shop
    Fast.British.Reliable.
    www.thewedgeshop.com