Thread: CompBrake adjustable strut plates

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 CompBrake adjustable strut plates 
    Little Brit
    Hi everybody!

Upon the advice of my alignment shop, who couldn't get my front end perfectly aligned (last owner, wrecked, rebuilt, sloppy etc.), I bought the CompBrake adjustable suspension top mount kit model number CMB4501 http://www.compbrake.com/product/tri...ly-guaranteed/
    Beautiful product but once I got my car and these plates in the same room, the fitment is off.
    I have contacted the factory but it's a holiday and a weekend and I suspect I'll hear from them next week but I wanted to throw this against the wall - see if anyone else has seen anything like this.

Name:  IMG_4292.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  34.5 KBName:  IMG_4293.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  33.2 KB
    Dave Hansen
    '80 TR8 EFI (and by EFI I mean carburetted)

Little Brit
    The response I got from CompBrake was this:
    "Right so normally what happens is you centralise the Topmount on top and redrill 3 holes (( In a triangle shape )) which doesn't effect the Turret Top in anyway ."
    So the basic message it to make your own holes. This puzzles me but I can easily move on. After all, what's a few extra holes in a British car?

ave

Let us know how it goes!
    ---------------------------------
    Darrell Walker
    66 TR4A IRS-SC CTC67956L
    81 TR8 SATPZ458XBA406206
    Vancouver, WA, USA

4. #4 Goodbye CompBrake 
    Little Brit
    Sadly we could not get the strut mounting plates to work. The only installation instructions were what the company told me verbally over the phone.
    When I asked for pictures, I got pictures of a completely different product.
    Two attempts, more than a few hours labor, I've got more $ in the attempted install than the parts originally cost.
    I've asked the company for an RMA to send them back.
    They looked so cool too.
    On to bigger things....it's still early.

ave
    '80 TR8 - Wedgie.