Thread: Project 84: Original TR8 Coupe Restoration Project - Lots of Pictures

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Name:  IMG_2093.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  61.4 KBName:  IMG_2092.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  53.6 KBThanks Clint. After beating my head against the wall looking for 13" tires, I had Woody order me the 15 x 7 BBS style in hyper black, tires also. Now I will have bling under the bonnet and a little on the outside too. Purely functional of course. I think they will look pretty good on the white body, thanks again, Jim
    Last edited by uspsmech; 02-03-2016 at 12:16 PM. Reason: add pictures

Thrilled with the way the project is going so far. Can't wait to drive it. Wedge Shop, Woody, Tyler, anybody else involved, Thank You!
    Attached Images       

Wow really looking good. Love the wheels, they make the car now.

Thanks
    Clint
    The Wedge Shop
    Fast.British.Reliable.
    www.thewedgeshop.com

Spitfire
    Wow this car is coming along GREAT! love the look under the hood and definitely made the right decision with the wheels! Excited to see this on the road!

Thank you both for the kind words. I was a bit concerned about the wheels, but they ended up looking just fine. And I feel the tires are a good match for them. Picked the car up Feb 6th in Taunton and drove it home to R.I., about 25 miles. First time I've ever driven a TR8. Just a tad different from my other toy (Fiat 124 spyder). 195 west was a blast, thought the car was going to sprout wings and take off! Have to install the fresh air plenum. The fumes off the new stuff under the hood curing were a killer, major headache. Plenty of work to do to get the car right before it goes for body and paint, same color and graphics. I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the car is, how good it rides and how tight the whole package seems to be. Only real noises I had besides exhaust was stuff in the trunk, worked on securing the battery box today, in unheated garage. Securing the spare and other bits will be next. Thanks again for the positive comments, Jim

Spitfire
    Hey Jim I'm in Boston but down in the Westport, MA / Tiverton, RI area frequently in the summer. Woody built me a sweet coupe as well, we'll have to synch up and go a for cruise!
    The headers/intake/carb combo performs and looks great, good choices my man!

Sounds good to me. Always up to cruise around. I was thinking about doing the Endicott show in July if anyone is interested. I know my car won't be painted by then, hopefully sorted, but nobody minds! If you are not familiar with it ,it is put on by the Bay State Antique Auto Club. I have done this show with my Fiat a few times. A very eclectic mix of cars, nice people ,good food, even great music. Pretty cheap to get your car on the field- just a nice casual day, and the weather usually cooperates. This year it will be Sunday July 10th at the Endicott Estate in Dedham Ma. Would be nice to get a few cars to show up, lots of people never heard of a TR8!!