Thread: TR7 V8 For Sale

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 TR7 V8 For Sale 
    Spitfire
    Reluctantly I must sell my TR7 V8. I did all the conversion work myself. The top is new (Stayfast type material not vinyl).
    There is still some detail work to do. Column cowl needs fixed and installed, trunk needs detailed.
    The paint is a few years old and is not show quality but is very nice, base clear.
    There is a video which shows everything really well, but I can't seem to post a link to it as when I do the system denies this post.
    I guess I can send on request, or try going to Vimeo and searching for bit dot ly foreslash 1980triumphtr7
    Asking $9800 for a quick sale. Car is in northern Illinois
    Thanks,
    Phil Knowles
    pbknowles at comcast dot net

Spitfire
    Just try searching Vimeo for 1980 Triumph Tr7 if interested, thanks!

Any pictures?
    The Wedge Shop
    Fast.British.Reliable.
    www.thewedgeshop.com

4. #4 re: Photos 
    Spitfire
    I'm digging for stills. The video really shows it all.
    The car has, working back to front:
    Ford 8" rear axle, 3.0 gears, Auburn limited slip. '90's crown Vic rear disc brakes with parking brake hooked up to the stock handle. This could use some adjustment of the lever arm ratios as the hand brake is not as effective as it should be. The rear lower control arms are boxed. They have the hard urethane bushings at the back ends and Currie Enterprises Johnnie Joints at the front ends. This eliminates bushing compliance while allowing the rear suspension to articulate and react to spring rates and bar rates as designed. Upper control arms same only length adjustable as well to tune pinion angle. There is a low pressure fuel boost pump which feeds into a surge tank which also accepts the return fuel from the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail up front. The surge tank is held at 2-3 psi by a relief valve. The surge tank feeds the inlet of a high pressure Bosch FI pump. Excess returns to tank. There is an 8-4-2-1 exhaust system which is attempted to be optimized for torque (small primaries).Hight torque starter. Up front, Rover SD1 lower struts and TR7 uppers. The SD1 struts allow the use of a Wilwood '69 Camaro front disc kit with some mods..Koni single adjustables all around. The '88 Range Rover 3.5 has freshened heads, custom built serpentine belt system with GM alternator and Sanden AC compressor. Stock "hotwire' plenum reversed, Megasquirt II ECU, wideband O2 sensor. The engine is set back from the stock TR8 position using Rover4 SD1 block side brackets and custom subframe brackets. Of course the shifter extension housing on the LT77 was shortened so that it exits in the stock location. This is a pretty well sorted car. I'll keep looking for stills.
    Thanks!
    Phil Knowles

5. #5 Pics added 
    Spitfire
    Name:  DSCF3591.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  96.3 KBName:  DSCF3589.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  97.0 KBName:  DSCF3588.jpg
Size:  96.4 KBName:  DSCF3581.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  97.1 KBName:  DSCF3577.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  97.4 KBName:  DSCF3572.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  97.7 KBName:  DSCF3537.jpg
Size:  84.3 KBName:  DSCF3523.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  86.3 KBName:  DSCF3519.jpg
Size:  91.0 KBName:  DSCF3590.jpg
Size:  97.6 KB

I love your wheels. What size and type (brand name) are the wheels? What size tires?
    Thanks