Thread: Oversized Tires wanted on TR7

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes you will only be able to run 15x7's in the front unless you run a wheel spacer as the inner part of the wheel will hit the strut assembly.

Ride height can be somewhat affected by the shocks you run. We recommend GAZ - http://www.thewedgeshopstore.com/pro...8-%26-TR7.html

We do run a coilover setup on the front of BAD8 and coil springs in the rear with carrera shocks.

Last edited by The Wedge Shop; 03-27-2014 at 06:16 AM.
    The Wedge Shop
    Fast.British.Reliable.
    www.thewedgeshop.com

here is a picture of a car with Koni's all around and coilovers in the front, standard springs in the rear. At this time it had 225/50/15's on the rear and 205/50/15 in the front.

The Wedge Shop
    Fast.British.Reliable.
    www.thewedgeshop.com

It looks like a 15x7 with 205's will work for now.
    I just purchased a 3.5 with aprox 225 HP yesterday for $600. it has the offenhauser intake with remote thermostat set up, and the heads are from a 4.0
    The engines running a 10:1 compression (Guess i'll be using super unleaded)
    I am interested in the coilover design for the front since it will let me adjust as needed. The rears I can always play around from different applications. I heard of a few Honda coils fitting.

*Edit* I really like the looks of the front spoiler on the white TR7. Are they still available? If so, whats the name of it?
    Last edited by MadTiki; 03-28-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Ole Boy
    Woody's gonna have some 'splaining to do about the link for the coil over.
    No fitament for Wedge listed
    Don

"Stick a Wedge In It"

Im doing a bit of research on the Miata. I'm contemplating swapping the front suspension to the TR7. I think its a pretty good candidate since both cars dimensions are fairly close. I would fabricate a tubular subframe and use Miata tubular A arms. I haven't seen anyone do this in my internet search as of yet. (I'm sure its been done, I just haven't found the link yet). My reasoning behind this is, it would open up a whole new world for aftermarket support and parts. I would have many options from many different vendors. And it would be all bolt on once the subframe is fabbed up to Miata specs. A rear IRS would be pretty trick as well. Not sure about that route yet. Its a toss up between going to a Ford 8.8 with discs, or the Miata. Guess it depends on how much of a PITA the front subframe fabrication/ Suspension swap is. (Just an idea for now). Basically I really like the Body of the TR7 (minus the bumpers), but have never been fond of the british drivetrains. Their great sounding, and handling, but way to slow for my taste.

Looks like we had some spam links on the forum. All fixed now!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kelly View Post
    Woody's gonna have some 'splaining to do about the link for the coil over.
    No fitament for Wedge listed
    The Wedge Shop
    Fast.British.Reliable.
    www.thewedgeshop.com

The 225 r 50x15's fit and fil the wheel well with lower springs but the tire hits the fender often . my tires look great but i just ordered new 225's at a 45 sidewall. the diameter is 21.8 inches instead 23 inches.toyo makes that size available at tire rack.

Spitfire
    What kind of wheels are on that white TR7 they look great. What offset and back spacing do you need for a 15x7 wheel?