Thread: restore as original or as a modified racer, what would be your choice ?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 restore as original or as a modified racer, what would be your choice ? 
    Little Brit
    I am reluctant to trash this old warrior in view of the interest in historic racing, what would you do ?Name:  Picture 338.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  40.1 KB

Little Brit
    here is another view of the insideName:  Picture 337.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  38.0 KB

Looks like quite a project. What do you have at the moment for cars?

I would vote bring it back to original.

Thanks
    Clint
    The Wedge Shop
    Fast.British.Reliable.
    www.thewedgeshop.com

Young Brit
    If it'wer me, I'd build a streetable-racer (well, only if I had the $ to back it).

Little Brit
    Thats a good idea in view of the cost to put it into original shape, if I make it a modified classic racer I will not have worry to much about the authenticity of parts which could work out much cheaper and give me much more flexibility to use alternative parts ie engines and axles etc .So first off with the chassis to get over hauled, right?Name:  MVC-013S.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  42.9 KB

Little Brit
    Got started on the bodywork, Wow what a headache , It was wasted by the chemical stripper ,looked like a lettice after a heavy catapiller attack all nibbled and holy. lots &lots of welding and hours of work to repair all those caged nuts that hold the fenders on; lucky I found another car in a barn up state which was less motor, trans and driveline but it was free to take so i got decent doors and fenders etc Name:  scan0008.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  97.4 KB

Spitfire
    what ended up happening to this car? How is it progressing?

Spitfire
    It it were mine, I would put a Ford 289 or 302 in it, a US type transmission and hook it up to an MGB 3.9 rear. I only say that because it appears you only have sheet metal to start with. To fit it with original parts and bring it back to factory, you'd have three times the money in it than it would be worth. JMHO PJ

Spitfire
    I asked because I am pretty sure it is sitting in my driveway right now, the bodywork and chassis work are identical..perhaps a coincidence but I dont think so, I want to find out some of the history on the car....